Terms and conditions
1. Clients bookings are accepted on the understanding that the clients appreciate the possible risks inherent in traveland tour businesses, and in particular adventurous activities such as trekking, climbing, walking safaris, game driving and excursions.
2. Bookings can only be accepted for persons under eighteen years of age when accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them. There are some activities that children cannot participate in, please check with your agent.
3. In the unlikely event of accommodation not being available on arrival at a hotel/campsite described and/or confirmed to the clients, Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd undertakes to provide alternative accommodation in a hotel/campsite of categories at least as high as those contracted, if available. The client may be asked to pay the difference if there is an upgrade involved. Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd will not be held accountable, unless the problem is actually a result of their failure to book the accommodation/activity effectively.
4.Problems arising during your trip must be reposted back to HQ in Zanzibar or the Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd agent immediately in order for us to take action and resolve the issues as quickly as possible. Claims regarding issues that were not reported thus giving Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd a fair chance to rectify them, will not be entertained.
5. Regional tours & Safaris Ltd will deal with legitimate complaints post trip, any evidence that you are able to gather at the time will be valuable, especially photographs. Bear in mind that when determining whether a refund is due, Regional Tours and Safaris Ltd has to negotiate with the supplier (eg, hotel) in question. Any acceptance of problems/responsibility you get from a service supplier (eg, hotel manager) should be reported back to Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd (possibly a written statement) will speed up the compensation process.
6. Compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reasons of war, riots, civic strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disasters, fire, closure of an airport or port, adverse weather conditions and similar events beyond our control. In case of such an event Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd will have no liability other than to offer you an alternative comparable holiday, if available, or offer a refund of monies paid by you, not including the deposit.
7. Alteration of a confirmed booking prior to arrival: If you have booked your trip and then decide to make changes to that trip your agent will assist you. We reserve the right to charge for the additional administration.
8. Alteration to a confirmed booking whilst abroad: We regret that no credit or refund is possible for any unused services provided in the cost of your holiday. If you decide to alter your travel arrangements whilst abroad, this is your own responsibility and Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd are not responsible for any extras or difficulties that may arise with onward travel as a result of such alterations.
9. Adventure holidays. Please note that for clients undertaking a trekking itinerary we offer first class guides, porters and provide safety equipment where needed. We are not responsible for guides and rangers provided by TANAPA or similar authorities. If you are obliged to abandon an activity due to your own physical limitations there is no refund of park fees and any additional accommodation and/or transport fees are not the responsibility of Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd. You may be asked to sign a Disclaimer Form prior to participation in certain activities.
10. Airport, International and domestic flight delays. In the unlikely event of a delay, arrangements for meals, overnight accommodation etc, should be met by your airline. If you are joining a group and flight delays mean that additional transfers etc. are required to enable you to join the group, these costs must be met by you the client and should later be reclaimed under your insurance policy if applicable.
11. Our quoted prices are based on current (last site update) exchange rates and on-the-ground prices. The price of a tour may vary at any time before Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd have accepted a booking from you, and they may be varied after your booking is made. Should the variation be in excess of 10% of the holiday cost the client will have the right to a refund of all monies paid.
12. Bookings must be accompanied by a 20% deposit. The complete balance is due no later than four weeks prior to the starting date of your tour. If the booking is made within this time then the full amount should be paid with the booking. If the balance due is not received by the due date we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Appropriate cancellation charges may be levied. Late bookings are accepted at the Director’s discretion. Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd is not responsible for lost accommodation/activity bookings if this is due to a delay in receiving a payment from you.
13. Cancellation should be made in writing (email is acceptable). The deposit is non-refundable and a cancellation will also incur the following charges:-
More than 56 days before start date – deposit.
29 to 56 days before start date – 50%
15 to 28 days before start date – 75%
14 days or less – total cost of tour.
14. All clients must take out their own adequate travel insurance and supply the details to Regional Tours & Safaris Ltd who will keep them on file, in order that they can assist with any emergency. The original documents should be carried by the client at all times during their holiday. The insurance must take into account the nature of the holiday and client must specify to their insurance company if they intend climbing, trekking, diving etc. The policy should also have repatriation cover in the event of serious accident.
15. Clients are responsible for obtaining passports, visas, health certificates, international driving permits and any other documents relating to their holiday themselves and to meet any additional costs which may be incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements.
16. Our holidays are planned many months in advance, it is therefore possible that some arrangements may have to be changed and we reserve the right to at any time.
17. Major Credit Cards are accepted with a surcharge 5% asked by the bank to cover their transaction fee.
18. payment can be done either by cash, wire, swift transfer or only by credit card (Visa & master Card) with a surcharge 5% asked by the bank to cover their transaction fee.